Drive Nitro 4 Wheel Rollator Walker Review
DON’T BUY before reading my review of this Drive Nitro 4 Wheeled Rollator Walker !
The Drive Medical Nitro 4 wheeled Rollator Walker is one of the most user-friendly rollators on the market with an easy to operate, and simple one hand folding mechanism for excellent compact storage and portability.
A clamp secures the frame in place when folded, and it also has a brake cable for added security. The Drive Nitro Rollator can be used both indoors and outdoor, and is available in 4 different versions, mini, standard, tall and heavy-duty.
So, let’s take a closer look at this 4 wheeled rollator and see if it lives up to its high price tag.
- Internally routed brake cables for added safety
- Push button height adjustment on handles to suit user requirements
- Flexible, removable backrest for more comfort
- Removable zippered storage bag for storing shopping items and essentials
- Back support height easily adjusts with tool free thumb screw
- Cross brace design for added stability
- Large 25cm (10″) front caster wheels for better manoeuvrability
- One handed folding for better ease of use
- The Nitro Tall is suitable for users 6’0″ and above
- The Nitro HD has a higher weight capacity of 32st (203kg)
- The Nitro Mini is ideal for users 5’2″ and below
Pros ( What I Liked about it )
- The brake cables are internal so they don’t catch on your fingers, which is a common problem on other 4 wheeled rollators.
- Rear stepper tubes make getting on and off kerbs easier and safer.
- The rear reflector on the handgrips is a nice touch.
- The offset curved handle framed design makes it easier to control the walker, and turn in small tight spaces.
- I found the adjustable handle height was useful to ensure that your hands are at the correct height when pushing the rollator.
- This aluminium 4 wheeled walker feels light and easy to manoeuvre, and is deceptively sturdy, particularly over uneven surfaces.
- I like the look of it – it is modern and stylish with its aesthetically pleasing design. The black and red colour I think is striking, although it is available in black and grey depending on your preference.
Cons ( What I didn't like about it )
- One of my dislikes is the handle on the mesh seat is a little uncomfortable when sitting on it. It does help and allow you to easily fold away using one hand, but maybe the manufacturers could look at a slight modification to the design for future.
- Given its high price tag, my reservation is that there are lots of other similar lightweight 4 wheeled rollators around that are under the £100 price tag.
- The seat and back rest can feel uncomfortable, and my preference would be a cushion seat and back support, which again you find in other 4 wheeled rollator walkers.
- If it is about how the rollator performs functionally and meets your day to day needs, but if you are on a budget you may well consider the Days 106 Lightweight Folding 4 Wheeled Rollator. CLICK HERE to read my personal review !
- DESCRIPTION: Nitro Standard Rollator in Red
- USER MANUAL: CLICK HERE to download user manual
- WIDTH: 59cm (23”)
- DEPTH: 70cm (28”)
- HEIGHT MIN: 85cm (33.5”) – lowest setting of hand grips
- HEIGHT MAX: 97cm (38.25”) – highest setting of hand grips
- WEIGHT: 8kg (18lb)
- SEAT WIDTH: 46cm (18”)
- SEAT DEPTH: 20cm (8”)
- SEAT HEIGHT MIN: 52cm (21”)
- SEAT HEIGHT MAX: 52cm (21”)
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: 135kg (21st)
***Note – Nitro Standard Rollator suits users height between ( 5′ 6″ – 6′ 1″ ) approximately.
The Drive Nitro Red 4 Wheeled Rollator Walker is a great mobility aid to have both indoors and outdoors.
With its eye-catching red and black design, this aluminium walker is both light and easy to manoeuvre around, and deceptively sturdy even on uneven ground.
It can easily be folded away so it’s great to store away out of sight, or take on holiday with you.
There are certainly lots of positives about the Drive Nitro Rollator, and it is a great walking aid to have, but it does come with a hefty price tag, and there are certainly other walkers around that, although maybe not quite as fancy, offer the same as the Drive Nitro Rollator but are cheaper.
It depends very much on your personal needs and budget, but hopefully this review has given you a more informed decision about whether the Drive Nitro Red 4 Wheeled Rollator Walker is for you.