Pride Go Go Elite Traveller 4 Mobility Scooter Review
Read my honest review on one of the best 4 wheel mobility scooters on the market !
I was lucky enough to review this 4 wheel mobility aid recently with a patient I had been treating and I can honestly say that the Go Go Elite Traveller is a compact, lightweight and exceptionally stable mobility scooter from Pride Mobility.
Packed with up-to-date features it offers unbeatable safety and comfort for a great way to travel !
- 300Ib weight capacity
- Easily disassembles into 5 lightweight pieces for easy transport and storage.
- Has a front frame mounted seat post
- Non-scuffing black tyres
- Has removable footboard basket for additional storage
- Large front basket with good storage
- Able to charge the battery pack either on-board or off-board with dual voltage charger
- Battery charge port located on the tiller
- Has 2 sets of red and blue coloured shrouds that are easily changeable
Pros ( What I liked about it )
- Really like the comfortable seat with arm support which really feels supportive
- The frame can be separated with one hand due to the clever auto-latching lock up system
- Easy to lift into the car – the heaviest part of the scooter weighs 14Kg (34 Ibs)
- Battery is quick and simple to remove
- Height adjustable swivel seat is easy to operate – great for getting on and off the scooter
- Transferring on and off the chair is quick and simple with the flip up armrests
- Lots of space to carry things with the spacious basket
- The solid 9″ wheels make it feel really sturdy and substantial when out and about, even in uneven surfaces
- I like the adjustable headlight – it really makes a difference when travelling outside
Cons ( What I didn't like about it )
- There’s not a lot to not like about the Pride Go Go Elite…….yes there are cheaper similar models available but they don’t offer anywhere near the same features.
- Some people with low back problems may find the seat a little uncomfortable after a while, but a small cushion or back support would solve the problem.
Model numbers: SC44E (4-Wheel)
Max. weight capacity: 21 Stone 6 lbs. (136 kg)
Maximum speed: Up to 4 mph (6.4 km/h)
Ground clearance: 5.7 cm (2.25”) at midframe
3.5 cm (1.38”) at motor
Turning radius: 4-Wheel: 112 cm (44.125”)
Overall length: 4-Wheel: 100.3 cm (39.5”)
Overall width: 49.5 cm (19.5”)
Front: 4-W: 5 cm x 17.8 cm (2” x 7”) solid
Rear: 6.35 cm x 20.3 cm (2.5” x 8”) solid
Standard seating: Foldable, compact, vinyl-covered moulded plastic
Drivetrain: 24-volt DC motor, sealed mini-transaxle
Dual braking system: Regenerative and electromechanical
Battery charger: Off-board, 2 amp
Battery requirements: (2) 12V deep-cycle (standard)
Compatible batteries: 12 AH; 18 AH (optional)
Batteries (2 required): 4 12 AH (8.8 kg (19.5 lbs.) battery pack)
18 AH (13.4 kg (29.5 lbs.) battery pack)
Weight w/o battery pack: 4-Wheel: 36 kg (79.5 lbs.)
Heaviest piece: 4-Wheel: 15.4 kg (34 lbs.) (front section)
Check out these recent testimonials
The Pride Go Go Elite Traveller 4 lightweight mobility scooter offers excellent manoeuvrability, comfort and style at an affordable price.
It has a great compact design that is only 19″ wide, which is great trying to negotiate tight narrow hallways, and access in and out of buildings.
This mobility scooter feels really stable, but the fact it can be quickly disassembled and transported is a big plus.
A maximum range of 10 miles means that you won’t have to worry about constantly recharging the battery.
It’s easy to control and has a variable speed, so if you’re worried about going too fast, or are in a crowded area with lots of people around, you can turn the speed right down.
The hand controls are pressure sensitive, so you can be on the highest speed on the dial, but still go slowly by only lightly holding the lever down, which definitely helps you.
All in all the Pride Go Go Elite Traveller 4 Mobility Scooter performs really well !